St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School: Home School Agreement
- Encourage children to live according to Christian principles, promoting respect for others and themselves – to ‘follow the Gospel and the way of knowledge’.
- Provide the experience of Catholic worship both in school and as part of the parish community.
- Aim to ensure that children achieve their full potential as valued members of the school community.
- Aim to achieve high standards of work and behaviour through building positive relationships and developing a growing sense of responsibility.
- Provide a broad a balanced curriculum matched to children’s ability and age.
- Keep parents informed about general school matters.
- Respond to concerns or complaints raised by parents as quickly as possible, in an attitude of co-operation and respect.
Signed: ________________________ (Headteacher)
- Ensure my child attends school regularly and on time, and inform the school of any absences as soon as possible.
- Support the school’s policies, especially regarding behaviour.
- Ensure my child wears the correct school uniform and wears PE kit on PE days.
- Attend parents’ evenings to discuss my child’s progress.
- Support my child in homework and other opportunities for home learning.
- Raise any concerns or complaints with the school at the earliest opportunity and do so in an attitude of partnership and mutual co-operation for the benefit of my child.
Keep these school rules
- Treat others as we would wish to be treated
- Be polite
- Look after things in school
- Listen carefully
- Do our best